- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped===I subbed in one chopped carrot.
- 4-5 oz. chorizo—or more.
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 600ml hot vegetable stock==I put in about 1 L of water.
- 400g can chopped plum tomatoes with garlic
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 100g frozen broad beans
- zest and juice ½ lemon
- large handful coriander or parsley and flatbread, to serve
Spicing it up
Spice it up further with a spoonful of harissa paste. Curry lovers can swap the cumin for 1 tsp of garam marsala. Or for a more hearty dish, fry 4 sliced chorizo sausages along with the onions and celery.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, then fry the onion and celery gently for 10 mins until softened, stirring frequently. Add in chorizo. Tip in the cumin and fry for another min.
- Turn up the heat, then add the stock, tomatoes and chickpeas, plus a good grind of black pepper. Simmer for 8 mins. Throw in broad beans and lemon juice, cook for a further 2 mins. Season to taste, then top with a sprinkling of lemon zest and chopped herbs. Serve with flatbread.